The Traxxas Rustler XL-5
Waterproof for More Power and More Fun!
- NEW 4-amp AC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
- NEW Traxxas 7-cell NiMH battery with iDTM
- TQ 2.4GHz Radio System
- Waterproof Electronics For All-Weather Driving Excitement In Water, Mud And Snow!
- 35+mph* Top Speed!
- Titan® 12-Turn 550 Modified Motor
- XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- Number-1 Selling 1/10 Stadium Racer
- Equipped with patented Traxxas' High-Current Connector
The best-selling Traxxas Rustler is a proven favorite with a formula for rugged fun that nothing else can touch. The Rustler blows the doors off the competition with more power, smoother control, better grip, and performance that makes it one of the fastest Ready-To-Race® electric trucks available. The Rustler rips off-road with its powerful Titan® 12-Turn modified 550 motor, XL-5 Electronic Speed Control, and Revo®-spec Torque-Control™ slipper clutch. It's made for power-sliding, full-throttle, off-road action and aggressive driving fun—and not just in the dirt! With Traxxas' exclusive waterproof electronics, Rustler can blast through puddles, mow through mud and shred snow. Your R/C adventures are limited only by your imagination. And with a top speed of 35+mph*, Rustler simply leaves everything else back on the work bench.
Only Traxxas could put this kind of performance, innovation, and overall value into a Ready-To-Race package that delivers the satisfaction you expect from a high-performance electric stadium truck. Speed, durability, and stunning looks are what make the Traxxas Rustler a cut above the rest. Traxxas' forward thinking and "no-nonsense" approach brings you the most performance for your R/C investment. Whether you're at the park or on the track, the Rustler delivers sophisticated performance and handling that makes the race track anywhere you want to drive.
Sealed Electronics Extend Your Driving Fun
Traxxas shocked enthusiasts with the release of our exclusive watertight, sealed electronics in the E-Maxx that provided the freedom to drive where you want to drive through water, mud, snow, and other wet-running conditions that wouldn't have been possible before. Now the Traxxas Rustler is Ready-To-Race with this waterproof technology. The XL-5 electronic speed control and the mini receiver are sealed against the elements giving you the freedom go places you might not have thought possible. It opens up a whole new world of adventure and fun. Wet muddy tracks are no problem for the Rustler.
Precision 2.4GHz Control
The Rustler is 100% Ready-To-Race® right out of the box, and is fully loaded with innovative performance features such as the advanced Revo-spec Torque-Control™ slipper clutch. The patent-pending design delivers smooth operation, precise adjustment, and consistent traction control. The Titan 12T 550 modified motor is designed for incredible mod-motor power output with virtually maintenance-free operation, and long-lasting performance. The Titan 12T 550 motor's integrated cooling fan pulls cool air through the motor to keep temperatures down. Airflow is routed through vent tunnels molded in the motor plate. A cooler running motor equates to faster speeds, longer runtime, and extended motor life.
What would the best-selling stadium truck be without a class-leading high-performance electronic speed control? The waterproof XL-5 Electronic Speed Control offers high current handling, EZ-Set™ one-button setup, and smooth high-frequency control. Three drive profiles, low voltage detection, thermal shutdown protection, gold-plated connectors, and incredibly low resistance are all features you might expect to only be available on an expensive replacement ESC. The XL-5 is the first electronic speed control that has the exclusive Traxxas Training Mode™ that limits full-throttle power to 50%. This allows young or new drivers to safely develop their control skills before unlocking full power to the mighty Titan 12T motor. Rustler is perfect for drivers of any age and experience.
The quest for ultimate speed began with the battery connector. As today's batteries store more and more energy inside their cells, traditional battery connectors became a roadblock, unable to deliver all the energy the battery is capable of outputting. The patented Traxxas High-Current Connector opens the door for unrestricted current flow.
With the TQ™ 2.4GHz radio system, you just switch on a drive. There are no channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQ's ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and its sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage.
For quick, convenient, hassle-free charging, a 4amp DC fast charger is included to maximize runtime and minimize down time. The included NiMH charger uses a 12-Volt DC power outlet for universal high-output charging. The brilliant LED provides charging status as soon as the battery is connected. The charger is optimized for charging your Traxxas iD Power Cell NiMH battery. Peak-detection circuitry makes sure the battery receives a full charge every time. The status LED flashes green to indicate when charging is in progress, then turns solid green when charging is complete for foolproof charging, peak performance, and maximum runtime.
4-amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
Traxxas 7-cell NiMH battery with iDTM
Rustler includes a Traxxas iD Power CellTM Battery Packs are optimized for free-flowing power and maximum punch with premium quality, low-resistance cells; flexible, silicone-jacketed 12-gauge wire; heavy-duty welded tabs; and Traxxas High-Current Connectors. Traxxas iD chargers (sold separately) auto-detect iD-equipped Power Cell batteries and automatically set and optimize charge settings. Precision assembly with attractive, individually wrapped cells and clear overwrap complete the package.
Traxxas didn't stop there. Rustler's durable, fiber-composite chassis is designed for exceptional rigidity, and offers an inline battery position for a low polar moment of inertia. That's engineering speak that translates into nimble handling and lightening-fast response. The low-profile "lay-down" steering servo mounting system further enhances the Rustler's already low CG design. Rustler delivers superior stability and cornering thanks to its centered kingpin and live axle front suspension. Transmitting the power to the wheels is an efficient 3-gear variable-ratio transmission, topped off with sealed ball bearings and smooth-running telescoping driveshafts. In addition to those advanced features, the factory-installed planetary differential is Traxxas-tough with hardened steel gears that never need adjusting! Perfect for long-lasting, all-day fun. Just take the Rustler out of the box, charge up a battery, and drive!
Rustler sports a stunning 6-color ProGraphix® body and decal set. At the corners you'll find a set of bold 2.8" mirror-chrome All-Star™ wheels wrapped with performance-engineered tires, pre-glued, of course. The precision-engineered tread patterns and rubber compounds were designed to meet the performance requirements of the 65+mph Traxxas Jato (Nitro) so they are sure to provide Rustler with excellent traction. Alias™ step-pins at the rear and sharp-edged Alias ribbed tires up front hug the corners for a solid, planted feel.
QUICK FEATURES ON RUSTLER (#37054-1)
- 4-amp AC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
- Traxxas 7-cell NiMH battery with iDTM
- TQ 2.4GHz Radio System
- Waterproof electronics all-weather, all-season R/C excitement.
- Prographix Painted and Trimmed Body
- Wing Mounted with Blue-Anodized Precision Hex Hardware
- Large Axle Carriers with 5x11mm Oilite Bushings
- Titan® 12-Turn 550 modified motor
- XL-5 Electronic Speed Control
- Revo®-Spec Torque-Control™ slipper clutch
- Alias™ step-pin rear tires, Alias ribbed front tires, complete with foam inserts
- Powder coated white springs
- Watertight receiver box and 6519 3-channel micro receiver
- Included optional 28-tooth pinion gear
Rustler xl5 radio control truck
- Traxxas TQ 2.4GHz Radio System
- Traxxas #6519 TQ 3-channel micro receiver
- Waterproof electronics permit driving in water, mud and snow
- Waterproof receiver box
- High-torque Waterproof Traxxas #2056 steering servo
- Powerful Titan® 12T 550 modified motor with internal cooling fan.
- Rustler reaches speeds in excess of 35mph using the included
optional 28-tooth pinion gear*
- High-performance waterproof XL-5™ Electronic Speed Control.
- Innovative watersealed design
- Three Drive Profiles
- Sport Mode - Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode - Forward / Brake
- Training Mode™ - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patent pending)
- 12-Turn motor limit for 550 size motors
- 15-Turn motor limit for 540 size motors
- Integrated on/off switch
- Traxxas EZ-Set® one-button setup
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Large heat sink
- High-efficiency MOSFET transistors
- Click here for more info.
- New large axle carriers with 5x11mm oilite bushings
- Efficient Magnum 272™ three-gear transmission with ball bearings
- Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor
guard for extra protection
- Revo®-spec Torque-Control™ slipper clutch system
- External gear cover with easy slipper access
- Reliable planetary gear differential
- Telescoping U-joint driveshafts
- Fiber-composite monocoque chassis.
- Gray chassis components offer a fresh look
- Speed control and waterproof receiver box are securely fastened to chassis
- Easy access battery compartment
- Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks™ with X-ring technology
- White powder coated shock springs feature a new responsive spring rate
- Durable solid camber links eliminate the need for adjustment
- Captured rod ends won't pop off for superior durability
- Alias™ step-pin rear tires and front Alias ribbed front tires offer superior
- Rustler's tires include performance foam inserts and they come
pre-glued on mirror-chrome 2.8" All-Star™ wheels
- New ProGraphix® multi-colored painted body is available in red,
blue, black, and white
- Wing is securely attached to the body with precision hex hardware
- Rustler is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
* With 7-cell battery and included optional 28-tooth pinion gear.
MODEL 37054: Fully assembled, waterproof, Ready-To-Race®, with TQ™ 2.4GHz
radio system, XL-5 Electronic Speed Control and ProGraphix® painted body.
|Accessories for this product...